Already have a Username/Password for Research & Humanities in Medical Education?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it being considered by another journal for publication (or if it is, then an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in ODT, DOC, or RTF file format.
Do not try to submit DOCX
The text is double-spaced; uses a Times New Roman or Arial 12-point font; and leaves 25-mm margin on all four sides
- The text adheres to the stylistic requirements outlined in the Instructions to Authors
- No abbreviations in the title. The full term for each abbreviation is mentioned at its first use in the abstract or text; thereafter, only the abbreviation is used
- Numerals from one to ten are spelled out; numerals at the beginning of the sentence have also been spelled out
- References are in Vancouver system; where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- Pages are consecutively numbered, starting with the first page. Page numbers are inserted in the upper right hand corner
- Separate files are prepared for upload: the blinded article file to be uploaded first; followed by cover letter, unblinded first page file, images, and annexures - each to be uploaded as supplementary files
- Cover letter includes: title of manuscript; declaration of simultaneous submission and of presentation at a meeting; details of contributing authors; name of author who takes responsibility for the integrity of the work; and statement that all authors have read and approved the work
- Blinded Article file: includes the main text of the article, beginning from Abstract and up to the Tables and References, and where required, includes legends of images and appendices (each starting on a separate page)
- Images: Each figure/illustration should be supplied as a separate file in JPEG or TIFF format.
Figures should be numbered consecutively (Arabic numerals) according to the order in which they have been cited in the manuscript
Images are being submitted separately as supplementary files and are of good quality, high resolution (>100 dpi), and each not more than 4 MB in size. Not zipped
- Three to eight keywords, preferably MeSH terms, included
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after publication in the Journal, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as greater citation of published work
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.